The Business Number (BN) is a unique number which makes your dealings with the public sector simpler, easier, and more convenient. Your Business Number, can be used across the country to commonly identify your business with public sector programs and services.
You only need to remember your Business Number.
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)123456789
- CRA - GST/HST Account123456789RT0001
- Sole Proprietorship123456789BC0002
- Provincial Sales Tax (PST)123456789BT0001
- Liquor Control and Licensing Branch (LCLB)123456789BB0001
- Corporate Accounting System (CAS)123456789BV0001
The Business Number enables your information to be safely and securely shared with other Business Number partners, reducing the need to re-enter your information over and over when completing common registrations.
How do I get a Business Number (BN)?
If you don't already have a Business Number, a Business Number will be assigned to your business the first time you register with a participating agency.
Below are registrations that you can complete from OneStop that will request a Business Number.
- BC Registry Services
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Ministry of Finance