The OneStop Business Registry is a public sector partnership offering integrated Business Registration, and Liquor Licensing services based on the Business Number.
The Business Registration service enables a business to register with multiple public sector agencies and local government in one step.
The online Liquor Licensing service allows businesses to:
- Renew liquor licences
- Submit event notifications
- Catered events
- Temporary Use Area events
- Market events
- Liquor-Free events
The Business Number service provides the ability for each BC business interacting with the public sector to be assigned a Business Number (BN) - a unique identifier that makes working with the public sector simpler, easier, and more convenient.
Among other benefits, these services make it possible to provide basic business information only once when dealing with two or more related public sector agencies. When given express permission by the entrepreneur, the information provided to the first agency is seamlessly transferred to the second agency without re-keying. Also among other benefits, online business services are grouped together logically, according to business needs, even if they are from different areas of the public sector.
The OneStop Business Registry is committed to service improvements and welcomes feedback. Among other initiatives, OneStop is promoting the Business Number as the basis for all public sector interactions with business, is working to integrate new public sector business accounts with the services and is encouraging adoption of an authentication mechanism for the benefit of entrepreneurs.
Businesses for years have called for government at all levels to work together to reduce red tape. The OneStop Business Registry is doing just that. Below are a few of OneStop's accomplishments:
- First service in Canada to facilitate business registration with both provincial and federal governments
- First service in Canada to facilitate business registration with all three levels of government - provincial, federal and municipal
- First service in Canada to facilitate business registration with all three levels of government - provincial, federal and municipal on the Internet
- First initiative to use the British Columbia government's Internet credit card payment service
- Winner of the 1999 Strategies for Public Service Transformations Information Technology Award for Cross Agencies Jurisdictional Project (September 1999, Victoria)
- Winner of the 2000 British Columbia Public Service Silver Award for Process Improvement, Vancouver Island Region (March 2000, Victoria)
- Finalist for the 2001 Stockholm Challenge in Public Services and Democracy (June 2001, Stockholm, Sweden)
- Winner of the 2002 Strategies for Public Service Transformations Information Technology Award for Excellence in Electronic Service Delivery (October 2002, Victoria)
- Runner up for the 2004 British Columbia Public Sector Information Technology Award for Excellence in Project Management (October 2004, Victoria)
- Winner of the 2004 British Columbia Public Sector Information Technology Award in the Special Category of Multi-jurisdictional Projects (October 2004, Victoria)
- Winner of the 2005 Gold Canadian Government CIO Review Award for Inter-jurisdictional Leadership (February 2005, Ottawa)
- Winner of first place with Corporate Online of the 2005 International Association of Commercial Administrators Merit Award for Government to Government technology (April 2005, Fredericton, New Brunswick)
- First e-service in Canada to facilitate business address changes with all levels of government - provincial, federal, local and First Nations